- Pray for Revd Hamdy’s pastoral support for the many sub-Saharan students who attend church, plus his involvement with the worlds of business and diplomacy, and his engagement with Algerians.
All Saints Cathedral, Cairo (English speaking Congregation)
- Pray for those preparing for confirmation. May the fruit of ministry be enjoyed and celebrated by all the nations. Jesus was a refugee in Egypt, and so All Saints Cathedral is a refuge where people of all nations can gather to worship God, for fellowship and to be empowered for mission.
- At All Saints we are looking at how God calls us to depend fully on him. This is also my own prayer as I begin this new ministry here.
- Pray as the church council discusses and discerns its vision and mission for the next three to five years: how every member can be involved in the church and her ministries.
St John the Baptist Church, Ma’adi, Cairo
- We give thanks to God for our hospitality ministry; the oven has been emptied of wellington boots and the gardening tools replaced with coffee cups and tea pots. Our fellowship hour is dramatically transformed.
- We thank God for his grace in church leaders without which worship and discipleship in so many languages and nationalities at St. John the Baptist, Cairo would be so much more difficult.
- We need hymn books: pray that a church in the UK may have an unused set (we can cover transport from London to Cairo).
St Michael and All Angels’, Heliopolis, Cairo
- St. Michael’s and All Angels’ still offer a ‘sanctuary for a while for anyone who needs a break from his or her hectic life. Our church and its compound offers that quiet place, but ultimately the sanctuary is our Lord Jesus Christ himself; St. Michael’s community is a pointer to him who said: ‘Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest’.
- Our N. T. Wright reading group of about ten people has been meeting as a theological study group every Wednesday since September at church. Pray for our group as we use Paul and the Faithfulness of God (1700 pages) by former bishop N. T. Wright, as the stepping stone for our theological discussions.
- Pray for peace in Egypt during the Christmas season, often a time of increased tension in the country. May our congregations experience the peace of the Lord.
Christ the King Church, Tripoli, Libya
- Revd Vasihar and Mrs Malini with Revd Ayo have remained in Tripoli to minister to and support Indian and African members of the congregation: pray for their protection as Egyptians have mostly left Libya; Revd Samuel and Mrs Hony are at present spending time in Egypt.
St George’s, Tunisia
- Pray for the handling of change in the English-speaking congregation with the departure of 65% of the congregation to the Ivory Coast, including Pastor Kwame; for the welcoming of newcomers to Tunis, including Revd Dr Peter Knight and his wife Christine; also for fresh vision and energy for future ministry at St. George’s.